A click, followed by a beep, and an overwhelming flash. That was one of one hundred and twenty-five photos for one video I made back in 2009, during my summer break for seventh grade. As my cousin and I were taking photos, off my old silver flip cell phone, we were fascinated in how realistic the Legos looked when we took our time to reset the plastic figure, take a photo, and repeat the process a couple hundred times.
This self-discovery of stop motion led me to an endless desire to make words on paper turn into something "real.” All your wildest dreams and inner thoughts are given a chance to be expressed through this visual creation. This expressive outlet along with YouTube gave me the knowledge, inspiration, and competitive drive to empower myself, to produce better and better videos.
Within the past couple of years, I’ve created stop motions, vlogs, short films, challenge videos, and fake infomercials. The channels I’ve created have all been branded, tagged, edited, scripted, and so on. Although the channels are all fairly small, they give me enough to work with in order to receive feedback and practice.
In the end, I hope that all this practice will pay off as I’m sure it will. In high school, I fell in love with learning everything from Pre to Post- production, film genres, and the evolution of motion pictures. So I know that the topic will keep my attention. Currently, I’m going to school for digital film at my local community college. As I continue to go further in my studies I plan to transfer to MSU and or to combine my degree with advertising.
Although this isn’t a traditional route for many people in my family to go down, they are all very supportive and interested in what I'm doing. Around Christmas time I show my annual holiday video that I have created for that specific day. We all gather around the TV, pull up the video, and let the laughter fill the room. My expertise is comedy when it comes to film, so in this case laughter is a good thing. In all honesty, that little gathering once a year is one of the main inspirations that fuels my drive to continue doing what I do.
Film to me is more than just a hobby, but a passion. Film isn’t just about getting subscribers, likes, or views, it’s what gives me an outlet to be creative and myself. I love collaborating with others especially with my friends who have helped me, to the best of their abilities, with little to no experience with the subject. I truly believe too, that along with film comes great power. Power to tell a story, power to influence others, and power to make people think. Personally, if you’re going to make a film yourself I think there should be some sort of message or reason behind it for the viewers.
I will be expressing my own personal opinions, experience, thoughts, ideas, advice, and so on about film here. Feel more than welcome to follow me on my journey, as I attempt to make film more than just a hobby, but my life.
...If you have an interest in film, collaborations, or if you, yourself would like to share your own thoughts on the subject, then this is the Blog for you. Contact me for any suggestions, comments, or collaboration opportunities at filmfriendsinthetricities@gmail.com.
Hi Brian, its really interesting to see so much passion in something like movies, film and etc. I wish you the best of luck with school and I hope you make it to MSU! And maybe one day you could bring one of the films you mentioned in your post and show us.
ReplyDeleteBrian, it sounds like you are going to very successful in the field of advertising, your videos are very well-done, keep up the good work! I would also like to hear more about your various YouTube channels and maybe see some links to then in the future.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comments! There will definitely be more talk about my channels and links for videos in the near future. Thank you for the support and encouragement. I sincerely appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteHey Brian, i didn't know you had youtube channels. ill have to subscribe! Being in film really seem to inspire you. Keep following your passion!
ReplyDeleteNaturally, I am in favor of any blog focusing on movies, movie making, etc.
ReplyDelete