Thanksgiving is right around the corner and there is nothing more
to be thankful for than a great deal on a DSLR camera (just kidding family is
nice to see here and there too I guess). I love photography and taking random
photos of my family each year on thanksgiving. It's a new tradition I'm
starting, so we can capture ourselves throughout the year as we grow into a
bigger family each year. And although this is a blog on film, don’t get me
wrong, but photography and camera knowledge is very helpful in the field.
I currently film
and take photos on my two cameras; a DSLR Canon T3i, and T5i. Although, you can
get great deals on the darkest of Fridays or cyber Monday, personally I think
the best place to get one is on eBay. Both of my cameras were refurbished and
work as if brand new and I've never had a single issue with either one of them.
After you get one camera in a starter kit, which usually comes with different
lenses, cleaner wipes, a tripod, and other junk, it can get a lot cheaper if
you just want to purchase the body of a new DSLR camera in the future.
The holidays,
which are sneaking up behind me bring the best opportunities for me to capture
awesome photos of my family together. And if you consistently do that every
year it’s fun idea to create a holiday slide show or home movie for your family.
But beware, I've been doing this for five years and got yelled at by my family
because I didn't have time to make one a couple years back. Once you get into
the slide show biz, you don't get out of the slide show biz.
But in the end, no
matter if they're mad about me, the video, or life, I love them. I am truly
thankful for them and their help and encouragement in my passion for
photography and film. Without them I would not be where I am now nor as good as
a person. Although, there may be great deals on the day we should be thankful,
make sure that you take the time to enjoy the ones who are family to you. Don’t
just capture the moments with your camera or your phone, the best memories aren’t
stored in a 64GB SD card, but you’re in your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment